Fflogs API not actually pulling all parses

I’m running the API and pulling all parses, but some are not included. I had assumed at first maybe it’s because I didn’t own the log, but that shouldn’t matter (and despite my page showing someone else’s upload, I have the same upload on the same day). I’m running it with following:

https://www.fflogs.com:443/v1/parses/character/Sydney%20Lahkol/jenova/NA?metric=dps&timeframe=historical&api_key=apiKey

I can get the correct reports when I run rankings instead of parses for my character, but then when I check some other characters, it’s giving incorrect numbers with rankings, but correct with parses.

Seems no matter which way I run, some reports are missing. I could run both, I guess, but my understanding is that pulling /parses/ should but all parses for a character.

Am I missing something obvious?

EDIT: Nevermind, I’m dumb. It’s pulling the parses in a 2-week window. Still not sure why some rankings aren’t showing, though. IE if I look up One Luv on Jenova (under rankings), the top parses for all fights (standard comp) are missing from the list, but they do show up when I run all parses. I guess I do need to use both?

It should give you all parses.

Hmm, that’s what I thought. It should give all parses including rankings? Or are reports generated under rankings not also generated by the parses report? Not sure why some parses are missing. I think that if I just request both and then sort them together, I will have all of the data I need to work with, but I wasn’t sure if this was part of the design and I just misunderstood (Definitely possible).

For reference, if there is anything worth looking further into:

When I search by report ID, these two seem to be missing (Could be others, but my highest parses on the other 3 fights appear just fine under parses and rankings both):
https://www.fflogs.com/reports/Np82PcV19qvLwQTk#fight=18&type=damage-done - Kefka
When I run this as “rankings”, I get my 97th percentile parse. When I run as parses, I can locate this report ID, but it’s only displaying the other 4 clears of the fight.

https://www.fflogs.com/reports/ZYk9QNfBPA7XnyaJ#fight=25&type=damage-done - Phantom Train
With this one, if I run ranking, my 98th percentile pull shows. When I run parses, only 1 out of the 3 total clears we had appear in the listing.

So far the only thing I’ve noticed is that these are not my owned reports - they were uploaded by others, and those clears seem to show the same way (some missing on parses, all appearing on rankings).

z8HP7wk1RYK2v6FV - Report ID for my upload of Phantom Train.

Right now, I’m just searching using the output sample provided on the API page, but I do have the same report request in my code, and all I’m doing with the data currently is just sorting it.

Parses will try to filter out duplicates, maybe that code is bugged.

Oh, that could be it. From my end, it’s just two extra lines of code to make the second request and handle it, just wanted to make sure I was understanding it all correctly :slight_smile:

Yeah was the duplication code. Should be fixed.