[Feature Request] Oceanic regional grouping

Pretty sure this has been requested in the past, however to be able to see the grouping of Oceanic rankings similar to that of how US/Europe/China etc are currently would be amazing. Competition with fellow Oceanic players and guilds is something I’ve heard asked for whilst sitting in a VOIP program with the players I raid with, and to be able to gauge where in the region I as a player sit would be; in my opinion a great addition.

Obviously this feature is minor comparatively to that of some others that I have seen whilst browsing, however for the entirety of the Oceanic community I feel as though this would be an amazing feature.

2 Likes

Main issue here is that this isn’t a region that is mentioned in the Battle.net APIs. I could hack and create the region by hand I guess. Would need a complete server list of all the Oceanic servers. Would you no longer want to be considered part of the US region as far as rankings are concerned?

If needed I can supply a server list of the Oceanic region, however I feel as though considering we’re still considered under the US bracket on WoW progress and the likes (for example, looking at Entropy’s WoWprogress they’re shown under Oceanic and US; http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/frostmourne/Entropy) it’d be good to still be able to compare ourselves to our American counterparts. The Oceanic region is rather small, so only having that small sample to compare ourselves to; I feel, would be rather detrimental. Obviously the US playerbase is massive and as such getting rid of that sample that we can compare ourselves against (easily) would suck. If you would like I could potentially ask some of the top guilds within the Oceanic region what they think of this matter, get a survey done or something?

Figured I’d put a list of all Oceanic realms on here as well, just to help you out. Have asked some guilds of which I’m close with (awaiting more comments) and the officers within my guild of which say that they like the idea provided it wouldn’t impede our ability to compare ourselves with our US counterparts.

• Barthilas
  • Frostmourne
  • Saurfang
  • Aman’Thul
  • Khaz’goroth
  • Dath’Remar
  • Nagrand
  • Caelestrasz
  • Thaurissan
  • Dreadmaul
  • Jubei’Thos
  • Gundrak

Would love the option to see oceanic, but would still want to be compared with the americans. Maybe a custom view where you can select which realms you want to compare with??

Support for this has been added for Tomb of Sargeras, so once that raid comes out you’ll be able to filter to Oceanic.

1 Like

Awsome news Kihra! Much appreciated!