Classic Logs (RE: World Buffs)

This is just a request for guilds who do not wish to participate in stacking world buffs. Could there be separate rankings for raids who do not use world buffs (DM Trib, Ony, WCB, Songflower, etc.) and disqualify the entire raid from the non-World Buff category rankings if one player uses them?

Thanks for your consideration.

1 Like

Absolutely, please make this a supported feature;

Clean logs, if you will, would be a much more representative picture of the rankings of great guilds in terms of skill, knowledge, strategy, effort, experience, and gear as opposed to which guild can spend hours on end outside of raid stacking world buffs ad nauseum.

This doesn’t differentiate primarily by any real meritorious aspect of guild and instead differentiates in favor of those with the least amount of real life obligations.

World buffs were so counter to wow goals that blizzard nixed them from raiding. Similarly many private servers also disable world buffs for progression raiding.

Having the primary measure of guild standing be differentiated so much on world buff stacking also runs counter to what I can assume the goals of warcraftlogs are—an objective look at how different players and guilds compare to each other (presumably differences in skill, experience, knowledge, strategy, and execution) and not the non-gameplay aspect of the ability to stack world buffs.

This has real implications towards many guilds recruitment potential such that they must stack world buffs if they want to have competitive logs. You would be doing many players a huge favor by implementing a clean/pure logs search. Please implement this!

This is on Blizzard. At the moment, world buffs are completely untrackable unless you die.

So, blizzard changed this; how long until Warcraft logs will start tracking and ranking non world buffed runs?

Ist there an Update to this topic?

In P5 there will be a category for this.

1 Like

Awesome initiative from you guys Kihra!

I think Blizzard should thank you because I believe this will bring alot of players back and keep existing players that are burning out from getting ganked or dispelled. The content will be alot more challenging too which will be fun!

I am a semi-hardcore player, before this I said I would never be in a guild that doesnt enforce all worldbuffs. But this changes everything as if this catches on I would still be able to compete (very important to me), the strain of playing the game at a over average level would drastically reduce.

The one important thing I would be so happy if you look into: I think its SUPER SUPER important that speedruns/guild parses/personal parses are not defaulted to one or the other. If I search for my character, the first page I see must show the performance best average for both with world buffs and without world buffs - Or the better one of them. If the ui in wcl caters to this I believe this will catch on and completely change classic. <3 @Kihra

1 Like

This is awesome news! I actually think this will change a lot in WoW Classic.

Our guild will start Non-WB runs come next ID. I guess those will not be ranked retroactively in P5.
Is anything new implemented with P5 or is the data already available in WoWs current state?