"An error occurred while trying to fetch the data"

Since Uldir we got the issue that our combatlogs are nor longer shown correctly at most of the fights (at 3 different raids so far):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gbPXMzYGQZH6ka21#fight=last&type=damage-done (my log)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bB3pT9nqZk1Ygawj#fight=2&type=damage-done (log of a guild mate)
An error occurred while trying to fetch the data.”
This also includes the replay option, the healing analyzer on some fights etc.

Advanced combat logging is enabled.
I’ve uninstalled the upload tool and deleted the corresponding adobe AIR folders, with the same issue still present after uplaoding the log again.

My first thought was the german WoW client, but logs from other raids are shown correctly in german…

Maybe someone can give me a hint.

Thanks and regards.

This is a bug in German log files where certain abilities have bad characters in them. I’ve been working on a workaround for Blizzard’s bugs on my end and hope to have it deployed pretty soon.

Ah, Thanks for the reply and your effort.
So it is indeed an issue with the german client.

I will switch to the english one as a workaround. I already had this in my mind since the german translations are a bit weird in several cases. :slight_smile:


I have put in a workaround, so German logs should work once more.

Indeed. Everything works fine now. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the fast solution. :+1: