Unable to install fflogs uploader

Hey, so I’m trying to get the new Electron based fflogs uploader to install. I did have it working, and uploaded a log successfully 14 days ago. The uploader gave me issues Tuesday, so I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it was saying it already existed. I deleted EVERYTHING fflogs related on my computer, the old adobe air based uploader, even uninstalling a stubborn 3.3.2 version using IObit Uninstaller 9.

Every time I try to install now, regardless of where I save it to, even after unblocking the program and and running as admin, I get this error and the FFLogsUploader.exe deletes itself: “Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.”

Anyone have any insight into my problem?

Update your Avast/AVG.

So AVG was up to date Tuesday when I checked, but I updated it today. Still no luck.

But I did get it to work! In looking for some way “pause” AVG, I added the place I downloaded the install .exe to and then the program file folder to avg’s exceptions list. That let the installer actually make the proper .exe, so I guess AVG was preventing that, hence why all the shortcuts never worked and I got that error from Windows.