Hivemind drone damage removed?

We’re collecting poll data on Hivemind and will leave the poll up through next week. At the end of this coming week, we will share the results and data and make adjustments if needed. Thanks for all the feedback.

1 Like

because the warcraft log devs think they’re big brained. honestly i read the polls, voted on them and realized first question that they were really out of touch with mythic raiding.

The polling for this has been really interesting. I’m still waiting for a few more days to collect more results, but basically whether or not you want drones included has to do with your level of guild.

At the top 100 Mythic guild level, the majority favor excluding drones. At the top 500 Mythic guild level, it starts getting closer, but the majority still favor drone exclusion. Around Mythic 900 or so is the break-even point, and by Mythic 1000, it starts to go back the other way, with people slightly favoring drone inclusion.

Once you expand to include all Mythic guilds, the majority favor drone inclusion.

I’ll share detailed poll results in a few days. The decision we’ll have to make for Mythic is whether to do what the top 500 guilds want or what all Mythic guilds want.

Note the Nzoth and Carapace changes appear to be completely uncontroversial, i.e., at all levels of play (from Mythic top 100 all the way down to Heroic), the majority favor antigen/cyst removal and Psychus normalizing.

It’s just Hivemind that has this interesting shift in opinion as you go down the Mythic ladder.

1 Like

That’s probably because drone damage is more relevant as the guild is less progressed. It’s still a factor in mine.

1 Like

Kihra, appreciate what you are trying to do. Good on you for re-polling and reassessing. I don’t know if you did anything to the site but the “5 polls” box really got my attention.

Also, reading on the comment you made about the top mythic guilds it makes sense. At their gear levels and experience, they don’t even think about the drones. Where as, a lower guild like mine that just got a kill focuses a lot on the drones, especially when they are healing.

Again, I appreciate what you are doing and the opportunity to vote on desired change.

Cheers!

Yeah, what makes this poll interesting is that obviously people way down the Mythic ladder might have to target the drones, so they dislike feeling like - from a rankings perspective - that their DPS is wasted.

The counterpoint to this though is that this partition has a huge amount of power creep remaining in it, so undoubtedly what is going to happen over time is that the drones will become irrelevant for everyone. That may not be the case now, but the trend is going to be in that direction, e.g., if I polled this a month from now, I would probably find that far more of the Mythic guilds favored exclusion.

1 Like

That is interesting. Does this account for communities too?
It makes sense that only top 500 or 900 mythic guilds are in favor for keeping the drone damage, but for zoth and carapace everyone seems to be in agreement - because those people who are actually doing zoth and carapace are probably part of that top 500-900 mythic guild rating grouping.
Me for example, my guild doesnt even run mythic anymore, so im doing “Community” runs, where hivemind is sadly our progression boss at the moment. It was very disappointing to see myself leading the DPS charge in game, but then coming to warcraft logs only to find my logged DPS was halfed. I really hope for the sake of us lower teir mythic raiders, our extra effort for DPSing these drones gets rewarded rather than punished.